Popular Horror News, Week of November 1st 2011

« Older   Newer »

1. Sym

User deleted

Popular Horror News, Week of November 1st 2011

Written by:
    on November 2, 2011

<span class="style20">

Halloween has come and gone once again and during the week of Halloween there was a pile of interesting things going on. Once again it is time for us to look back in our weekly feature at what was popular in horror over the last 7 days based on what you liked, tweeted and shared the most.

As no big shock I am sure the most shared and discussed item from last week is AMCs announcement that Walking Dead will be extended to include a third season. Really this should come as no surprise when you consider that AMC has already said that they would like to have 10 seasons of Walking Dead. Considering its a ratings monster and has put AMC on the map I am pretty sure we can confirm that Walking Dead Season 4 will be announced soon as well.

The plot details for the remake of Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead were announced last week and the response has been mixed. Alot of folks liked it on our site but there was also some negative backlash from fans. Simple points like the movie was already remade in the form of Evil Dead 2 and more importantly… why bother? The new remake you may recall will NOT include Bruce Campbell and worst yet it wont even have an Ash character.

Paranoramal Activity 3 has pissed off die hard horror fans who are screaming ‘enough already’ but it also has engaged a whole new audience of horror fans. Paranormal Activity 3 broke records with its opening weekend box office bringing in over $85million on a film that cost less then $5 million to make.  As of today the film has made over $137million. So it should come as no big shock that Paranormal Activity 4 and its director have been announced.

One of the more exciting news items for me last week was the announcement of a sequel to BeetleJuice. Normally my instant reaction to a sequel this late in the game is digust because Hollywood tends to cash in with the lowest common denominator. The reason I am excited is because the story will be a continuation of the first with Michael Keaton returning as our favorite demon Beetle Juice.

If there is one name that will get Horror Fans freaking out its Uwe Boll. He has single handedly destroyed many potential movie franchises including House of The Dead, Alone In the Dark and Dungeon Siege. He is back in the saddle again with a new film Zombie Massacre. Last week we shared the trailer and surprisingly alot of you seemed to like it.

Everyone remember the indie zombie Zombies Zombies Zombies? Its a low budget indie comedy about strippers who take on the undead. Robert Englund is starring in a new film along the same lines called Strippers vs Werewolves. The trailer which dropped last week got you all buzzing.

The last item I am going to touch on in our popular news round up is the announcement that we will be getting even more Cabin Fever movies. Thats right the studio is all set to milk even more money from your dead grip on the Cabin Fever franchise. I only saw the original which Eli Roth directed ( which I loved ) and passed on all the sequels which looked to me like low brow direct to dvd cash ins.

0 replies since 4/11/2011, 12:29   21 views